Friday, May 4, 2012

Deception

     The very last chapter, Chapter 12, discusses about deception and why people use deception. Deception is the knowing and intentional false belief and information given out to someone listening.

     There are three elements of deception; the sender must know the information is false, the sender must be transmitting the information on purpose, and the sender must be attempting to make the receiver believe the information. All three of these elements must be in the behavior to be considered deceptive.

     “You aren’t lying if you believe that what you’re saying is true.” If you asked me, “How many days do blood cells live?”  I tell you that blood cells live up to 200 days. This answer reflects what I honestly think is true. It’s also not true because blood cells only live up to 100-120 days. I thought the answer was 200 days, so I didn’t deceive you and I didn’t lying.

     “You aren’t lying if you don’t intend for others to believe what you’re saying.” There are statements that you may say and don’t mean to be taken literally. For example, “I’m so full, I could burst” and “I can run as fast as lightning”. These statements aren’t meant to be taken seriously, so the fact is you’re not lying to others.

     “You cannot lie to yourself.” Sometimes you may try to force yourself to believe in facts or ideas that you know aren’t true. When the realization that the attempts didn’t work, you may think that you’re deceiving yourself. However, by my books definition, it is impossible to deceive yourself. You may try to change your ideas and opinions, and sometimes you are successful, but the sender knowing the information is false must try to make the receiver believe it is true.

     This is my last blog. I hope you enjoyed my blogs, but the semester has come to an end. I may and may not add to these blogs later on, or I may do blog tutorials for photoshop on another profile. I enjoyed this. Thank you for reading!

1 comment:

  1. I'm Абрам Александр a businessman who was able to revive his dying lumbering business through the help of a God sent lender known as Benjamin Lee the Loan Consultant of Le_Meridian Funding Service. Am resident at Yekaterinburg Екатеринбург. Well are you trying to start a business, settle your debt, expand your existing one, need money to purchase supplies. Have you been having problem trying to secure a Good Credit Facility, I want you to know that Le_Meridian Funding Service. Is the right place for you to resolve all your financial problem because am a living testimony and i can't just keep this to myself when others are looking for a way to be financially lifted.. I want you all to contact this God sent lender using the details as stated in other to be a partaker of this great opportunity Email: lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com OR WhatsApp/Text +1-989-394-3740.

    ReplyDelete